2022-2023 Music Auditions
Band and Choir Auditions are Closed Until April 4th
Orchestra - No Audition. students will perform their audition during class in the fall once enrolled.
Students interest in auditioning for Jazz Ambassadors
Symphonic Band - (open to all students)
Concert Winds - (intermediate level band)
Wind Ensemble – (advanced level band)
Band Auditions are to determine ensemble placement. Students who do not audition will be automatically placed into Symphonic Band.
Band Audition Dates – Spring Semester beginning April 4th
Step 1 - Read Audition Instructions - Click Here
Step 2 - Contact Mr. Pierson to set up an audition date (email@example.com)
Step 3 - Review audition requirements (scales and excerpts - see below)
Step 4 - Download excerpt below. Perform the portion for your instrument
*percussion, perform as instructed in Audition Instructions
Instrument Excerpts - Click to download excerpts to perform at the audition
Students performing on Bari Sax or Bass Clarinet might be required to play Alto Sax or Bb Clarinet depending on instrumentation and instrument availability in the fall.
Alto Sax/Bari Sax
SAMPLE AUDITION SCORING RUBRIC - 2013/2014
Concert Choir - (open to all students)
Chamber Choir - (intermediate level band)
Vox Humanas – (advanced level band)
Auditions this year are held via email submission.
Students that would like to try out for an advanced choir may submit a one minute video recording of a song that shows off your best singing voice. You may sing without musical accompaniment (a cappella) or with a "karaoke" track (no vocals on the track).
Please send all videos to firstname.lastname@example.org starting April 4th.
Why WIHI Music?
- Ensembles: We offer a full spectrum of traditional large and small performing ensembles: Band, Choir, Orchestra, Jazz Band, Chamber Music.
- Instruction: Students receive high quality instruction in their primary area (strings, voice, etc.) by performing quality musical literature and individual study in large ensemble settings.
- IB Music: Students can take IB Music in their 11th/12th grade years studying music academically through music history, music theory analysis, and music composition. For more information click HERE.
- Scheduling: Students are encouraged to continue music ensemble performance for their entire education at WIHI; grades 9th - 12th. Scheduling allows four year participation in music while continuing their IB course-load. Upon IB Authorization this coming March, we will begin offering IB Music in 2013-2014. Students enrolled in IB Music CAN (and are encouraged to) continue performing in their large ensemble by scheduling these courses concurrently.
- Performing: We offer regular performing opportunities at state of the art facilities (such as Saline HS Ellen Ewing Performing Arts Center) as well as WIHI Sponsored Solo and Ensemble opportunities and other events.
- Consistency: Our music department is united as a whole organization with a curriculum that is consistent among all ensembles.
- Active Parent Involvement: Our parent boosters are active supporters of the music program - assisting in running events, raising funds and supporting student opportunities.