PSAT Information for 11th Grade Students:
- The 2013 PSAT/NMSQT test dates are: Wednesday, October 16 and Saturday, October 19.
- WIHI 11th grade students must sign up to take the PSAT at their home district high school. Please contact the school counseling office at your home district to register as soon as possible. You may contact WIHI's School Counselor, Kathryn Hoover, if you have any difficulty with this process at email@example.com or (734) 994-8145 ext. 4604.
Click "Read More" below for information about the PSAT and Test Preparation Services in the area.
Follow this link: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about.html
(The following text is taken directly from the College Board’s website on the link above.)
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT®. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
§ Critical reading skills
§ Math problem-solving skills
§ Writing skills
You have developed these skills over many years, both in and out of school. This test doesn't require you to recall specific facts from your classes.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
§ Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
§ See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
§ Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
§ Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
§ Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.
Test Preparation Services
Carla Jablonski, the new Learning Center Manager for College Tutors, has provided our school with beneficial upcoming opportunities for students.
These are some upcoming fall activities at College Tutors in Ann Arbor:
· FREE ACT/SAT/PSAT/Plan/Explorer Practice Tests on
o October 5, 2013
o November 2, 2013
o December 7, 2013
· Homework help in all subjects
· Specialist available for AP and IB classes
· Learning Skills that include: Studies Skills, Test Taking Skills, Time Management, and Note Taking
· College Planning, Career Assessment, or Essay Writing
· Open House scheduled for October 5th, 2013 – 12:30-3:00pm. Come meet our tutors.
Carla Jablonski can be reached at (734)761-8393 or www.collegetutors.com/annarbormi.