Need a CAS form? Download one at the link below!
How do I log my CAS hours? Join our Edmodo page for easy record keeping.
The Washtenaw International High School Creativity, Action, and Service Program is designed to develop well-rounded, socially engaged students who are well-prepared and empowered to make change in the world around them.
The 2015 graduating class engaged in more than 10,000 hours of CAS activities in more than 350 projects!
Approximately 150 hours starting the first day of school Junior year, divided between Creativity, Action, and Service projects, completed by Spring of Senior year.
Completion of at least one each of a collaborative project, a project of significant duration, and a self-initiated project.
Reflection upon activities recorded in any of a variety of forms, including but not limited to journals, photojournals, blogs, video diaries, comic books and any other method of reflection you can identify.
Addressing each of the eight Learning Outcomes:
1. Increased awareness of strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaking new challenges
3. Planning and initiating activities
4. Working collaboratively with others
5. Showing perseverance and commitment
6. Engaging with issues of global importance
7. Consideration of ethical implications
8. Developing new skills
510 Emerick St. Ypsilanti, MI 48198 734-994-8145 Direct